Monday, August 20, 2018

Peel a grape! Surprising answers, asking Japanese how they eat fruits.



I eat it just like that. Same here. This has to be peeled! - I don't peel that!
- WHAT?! - Have you tried a whole kiwi?
- That's impossible! Hey guys this is Cathy Cat and today we are gonna ask Japanese what fruits they would peel and what fruits they would not peel there seems to be a different level here. So let's compare and ask Japanese.

- You can see a variety of fruits here.
- Yes. Which one of those would you peel before eating? -Cherries?
- I don't peel them. No peeling. -Nope.

  - No.
-No peeling.    -No. - I don't peel cherries.
- You don't see that at all.

- I won't peel them.
- Definitely no. - I eat them just like that.
- Same here. \ How about apples?
- I peel those! - I eat them like that.
- WHAT?!   - I sometimes peel them. - Peel
- No peeling.

- How about apples?
- They have to be peeled.   -I don't peel them. - Just like that?
- I eat them just like that. - I take the skin off.
- I eat apples just like that.

- So you can eat it with the peel still on?
- Totally ok! Both ok. - This has to be peeled.
- I don't peel that!        - WHAT?! - You have them like that?
- Yeah I just bite right into them. - The peel has to come off.
- Yes it does. But if the peel is cut in the shape of little bunny ears then I eat it like that.

- Have you ever eaten a whole apple with the peel?    - Never!!! I have. - How about grapes?
- I take the skin off. Same here. - Yeah I take the peel off.
- Same here.

I take that off.
Me too. -Have you ever tried grapes with the skin still on?
- NEVER. Me neither! - I take the skin off the grapes!
- Me too. Have you ever tried grapes with the skin still on? Sometimes.

Not really. I always take the skin off before eating them. - I don't take the skin off grapes.
- I eat them either way. I eat them both ways.

If they are shriveled I take the skin off. I peel large grapes but not the little ones. Do you peel pears? - I peel those.
- Of course I peel them. -I peel them!   - Me too!   -They get peeled!
- They have to be peeled! - Peel! Pears have to be peeled! - I peel them.
- Always?  - Yes.

You can't eat them with the peel. How about kiwi? They have to be peeled. - Peel.
- I peel kiwis. - Kiwi...


- Kiwi get peeled. - I am a serious person. Of course I peel them.         - Peel! - Have you tried a whole kiwi?
- That's impossible! - I peel them.
- You PEEL them? - They have a thick skin!
- No, you usually cut them in half and then eat them with a spoon That's right.

- Yeah but you don't eat the peel.
- No, not at all. Thanks I got it it! Looks like most of the Japanese people would not peel a cherry but as soon as we asked about apples people divided into people who always peel and don't peel. Or eat the apple if the peel looks like cute rabbit ears. In Japan most people take of the peel when they eat grapes which kind of surprised me.

The majority of people does that here. Same counts for pears and kiwi. Not sure, would you eat a kiwi with the skin on? So how about you? Cherries, apples, grapes, pears kiwi... What do you peel? What do you not peel.

Looking forward to your comments. We asked more Japanese people questions! Click the top right of the screen to find some other videos about it. Thank you for watching and catch you soon!.

Peel a grape! Surprising answers, asking Japanese how they eat fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment