Friday, August 17, 2018

How to Draw a Crystal Heart - Saint Valentine's DIY - 3D



Hello my friends and welcome
to another Tuesday of tutorial! I am Leonardo Pereznieto and
today we will draw a heart. Lets begin sketching the silhouette
with a red marker. As you see I am free handing this
totally with no prior sketch, you may do it like this
or also you can sketch it priorly with pencil, so that you
can erase if you want to. And, we fill it in flat.

Then with a dark purple pencil,
Ill go over the edges, to create a shade or a dark reflection
where the glass turns. This is going to be a glass heart. In some areas, Im leaving
the red. I am not filling in totally continuous and even.

Thats because we want to create
different types of reflections of course. You may want to do some shading
like this. More or less following the shape that you want, like its a bit
rounded on top. And we have made darker
reflections, lets make a lighter one over here, with a light orange.

And with a white pencil, an even
brighter reflection over here, also following the shape. Very good, and some little ones
on the side. With a dark blue, we can reinforce
some of the darks. By the way, Im making this with
a lot of love, for my wife! I think I will use it as a card and write
something on the paper.

Wish me luck for the inspiration for that! [Laughter] Im good at drawing but
not so much at writing. And we do the shadow with a red
and orange. We can add some gray and white. I use some darker red to do some
slight shading to the heart.

And I will make the shadow a bit
bigger, wider. I think that would look better. Sometimes it is tricky when you are
drawing with color pencils, to do the shadow specially the edge so that
it comes slightly blurred. As it should be.

What I did in this case
to solved that, was to draw with white on the edge of the shadow. That soften it a little bit and I think
it looks alright. With the purple I widen a little bit
and the reflection on this side. The list of materials is in the
information below the video.

The description of the video. I want to thank all the people,
the volunteers, who are translating these videos, to their languages. Specially Jean-Luc Coulon who
translates all my videos into french. That helps a lot of people who want
to learn to draw and that not necessarily speak english.

If you want to translate, please
see the instructions, also on the description on the video. Very good! Excelente!
And its ready! I want to wish you a happy Valentines And if you enjoy the video, please
give it a LIKE! Share it to your friends and subscribe to Fine Art-Tips. And I will see you,
on Tuesday :) Subtitled by Grethel Trejo.

How to Draw a Crystal Heart - Saint Valentine's DIY - 3D

No comments:

Post a Comment